It’s likely that the last time that you did anything to the inside of your property was over a decade ago and so now is the time to make some changes to liven up your home and to bring some excitement into it. If it was up to you, you would probably make changes every year but due to budget constraints, you have to be careful about how and where you spend your money. It can be very difficult keeping up with the neighbours and the other people across the road, but it is entirely possible if you just try to think outside the box and stay within your budget.
There is no doubt that everyone can have a fantastic home if they want one and there are many ways to create a stylish inviting room in your house without having to break the bank. Before you begin any interior decorating project you first need to give your home a good spring clean in order to be able to get yourself properly organised. This will give you an idea of the space that you have to work with and then you have to come up with new room decoration ideas. Something that could transform any room is to incorporate a great selection of table lamps and place them in every room in the house. The following are just some of the top decorating ideas that you could use while staying well within your budget.
- Start painting – The wonderful thing about paint is that it is incredibly affordable and it is readily available in many different colours. It has the ability to transform any room and this is a job that you can do by yourself. There is no need to bring in a professional painter because if you take your time and you use all of the modern tools available, there is no reason why it shouldn’t end up being an excellent job.
- Add curtain trims – You can’t afford new curtains right now but you can change and add to the current ones that you have in all of the rooms in your house. It is so easy and straightforward to add a trim to any curtain and again this is something that you can do by yourself.
- Some potted plants – People always forget that plants are incredibly affordable to buy and you can always put them in some decorated pots to bring a natural feel to the inside of your home. Plants are great for cleaning the air and they also provide a lot more oxygen in your house.
- Rearrange the furniture – This is such a simple thing to do and yet many people forget about it. It’s only going to take a little bit of your time and may be a friend to help you lift the large items. You can move different kinds of furniture from one room to the next and completely change the layout as well.
- Add more pictures – Nobody is saying that you need to hand a Renoir on your walls, and there are many beautiful pictures out there for purchase that can transform a hall or a room. There are many second hand shops in your local area where you will find a real bargain and maybe you could think about starting a theme throughout your home.
- Plates aren’t just for eating off – It is likely that you have plates that actually look amazing and you hate the thought of putting food on them because they are so beautiful. These same plates can be hung on your walls and if anyone asks, tell them that it is wall art.
- Buy some fabric – Cloth is the one thing that is plentiful and we have lots of it. This makes it perfect as a covering for almost any kind of situation. You can create a throw that can transform how your sofa looks and you can add it to kitchen chairs. There are so many colours and patterns available that it would be almost impossible not to be able to find a fabric that matches the decor in any room.
- Create a new kitchen – This brings us back to paint again because you can transform the most tired kitchen units and drawers with a lick of paint and a mini-renovation will have taken place. This is a project that you can take on yourself and that will save you even more money. What you will be left with is a completely transformed kitchen that looks brand new. Just add some new handles and you are all set.
These are just seven of the top decorating ideas that you can put into place when you don’t have a lot of money to spend right now. These ideas will transform your home into something quite spectacular.