Canon Pixma Wireless Printer
Please make sure you satisfy the following two requirements before connect canon pixma wireless setup attempting to connect your Canon PIXMA printer to your wireless network:
- Ascertain that you have an access point (also known as a router or hub) via which you may connect to the Internet. Before moving on to the following stage, make sure your access point is completely operational.
- Ascertain that you have an Internet-connected computing device, such as a PC, Mac, Tablet, or Smartphone (hence referred to as a computer).
Try browsing an Internet website from the computer that will be used with the printer to see if it is connected to the network, such as www.canon.com. If the webpage does not appear, you are not connected to the Internet and must reconnect before continuing.
Canon Pixma wireless Connection:
However, there are several requirements that must be satisfied before we can utilize the WPS push button method:
- The access point must have a physical WPS push button; for further information, consult the user handbook for your device.
- The WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol must be used on your network. If the WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) security mechanism is utilized, or if no security is configured, most WPS enabled access points will not connect using the WPS method. Please check the wireless connection settings on your computer to see which security mechanism is being used on your wireless network.
Please Complete the Setup by Following the Instructions Below –
1st step: Make sure the printer is turned on and that the wireless router’s WPS button is available to click when necessary.
2nd Step: On the printer, press and hold the [Wi-Fi] button (A) until the ON bulb (B) flashes.
3rd step: Press the [Black] button (C) and then the [Wi-Fi] button (A); check that the Wi-Fi lamp (D) flashes rapidly and the ON lamp is illuminated, as shown in the image below. Then, within two minutes, go to your access point and hit the [WPS] button.
4th step: The printer’s blue Wi-Fi bulb will continue to flash while it searches for an access point, and the Power and Wi-Fi lamps will both flash when it connects to the access point. The Power and Wi-Fi LEDs will stop blinking and remain illuminated after the printer has successfully connected to your wireless network.
5th step: Check that the Wi-Fi lamp and the ON lamp are both turned on.
Confirmation of Network Settings
If you want to double-check that your printer is linked to your wireless network, print out the network settings for your printer:
1. Check to see if your printer is switched on.
2. Place two sheets of plain A4 or Letter-sized paper in the printer.
3. Hold the [Wi-Fi] button down until the Power lamp flashes once, then let go.
4. To print the network information page, press the [Wi-Fi] button.
For Windows Users, there is a Standard Connection Method.
If your access point does not support WPS, follow the steps below to connect your printer to your wireless network.
Please download the programme if you do not have the CD(s) that came with your product.
1. Click [Start Setup] when the initial screen opens.
2. The programme will check to see if any driver and software updates are available, and will download them if they are. This may take a few minutes.
3. Click [Next] after selecting your area and nation.
4. Click [Yes] if you agree to the conditions of the licencing agreement.
5. Select [Agree] if you want to participate in the Extended Survey Program; otherwise, click [Do not agree].
6. Click [Next] to allow all of the Install Wizard’s processes.
7. Click [Next] after selecting [Wireless LAN Connection].
8. Click [Next] after selecting [Connect through wireless router (recommended)].
9. Make sure your printer is turned on before clicking [Next].
10. The programme will look for any printers that have previously been installed on your network.
It may take some time for the programme to detect a printer, so please be patient while it looks for one.
So, after a long write-up we came to know the steps of connecting from the above sections. Hope you liked the write-up and cleared all your doubts.In this article, we have clarified the point by point system of associating Canon printer with remote settings. Consequently following these means, you can undoubtedly set up the Canon printer to the WiFi network. The association between a remote Canon printer and an instructing gadget is set up through a common association or WiFi. Thusly, put the printer on a similar WiFi network as your PC.
Also Check : Best Technology Devices